Payroll Service


Payroll Quote Request

Customized To Your Needs

Our payroll service is competitively priced and is time sensitive to your particular needs. We make sure everything is completed on time and correctly.

Many technological advances, particularly the Internet, have now given us access to remarkable capabilities that rival that of the larger payroll service bureaus. Not only can our firm perform the full spectrum of payroll functions, but we can also offer you a higher-quality personalized payroll service more cost-effectively.

What sets our new payroll service apart is that it combines our professional expertise and existing knowledge of your business with state-of-the-art technology. Whether you have been relying on a service bureau or doing payroll yourself, our payroll service is highly flexible and we can tailor it to meet your specific needs.

Service includes payroll check printing, direct deposit of payroll checks, automatic deposit of payroll taxes, full federal, state and local payroll reporting compliance, generation of W-2s, and many other benefits.

Please call BOOKS IN BALANCE at your earliest convenience with your payroll requirements. We will analyze your needs and design a fully customized payroll service just for you.

Special Payroll Needs for Restaurants

The 8% Myth

Many restaurant employers and restaurant employees may have heard the false rumor that tip-earners only need to report tips equal to 8% (or perhaps some other number, such as 10%) of their sales.

That’s a widespread misconception.

The $0 Paycheck Situation

When employers withhold taxes from tipped employees’ paychecks, they base the amount withheld on both the tip income and cash wages employees receive. Sometimes tipped employees’ paychecks may not be big enough for the employer to withhold all the required income and payroll taxes. In this “$0 paycheck” situation .

What you need to know if — you employ tipped workers

You are required to gather employees’ tip reports.

You must report your employees’ tips to the IRS and withhold taxes.

Certain employers must file Form 8027 with the IRS — and in some cases, “allocate” tips.

>> back